“The strongest logos tell simple stories.”
– Sol Sender
A logo, something so simple and seemingly insignificant yet so powerful. Your company logo is a symbol of recognition for your customers and the cornerstone of your brand. A good logo helps customers understand who your brand is and what your brand values are. Great logo design is memorable and makes a strong impression.
As your business grows, your brand and logo will become more familiar to a wide range of target audiences.
Below we provide a few tips to consider when designing your brand logo:
- A logo is the foundation of your brand identity and needs to align with your business. It’s imperative that it separates your brand from the competition.
- It needs to grab attention and make a lasting impression on your customers. To create an impression you need to ensure that your logo is unique and will not be easily confused with another brand.
- Your logo needs to be effective at any size. Take into consideration that your logo could be used on billboards, on social media platforms or stationery.
- A well designed logo should make an impact both in colour as well as black and white
- Choosing the right typeface or font for your logo design needs to be given some thought, as the typeface portrays the personality of your brand. For example, a business that sells products for children may choose a handwritten typeface to project they are a child-friendly business. If possible, we would recommend you use a unique font created especially for your logo.
- The colour choice of your logo also plays a crucial role in determining your brand’s message and should speak about your brand personality as well. For example, the color blue evokes feelings of trust, togetherness and dependability.
A poorly designed logo may fail to communicate your brand’s message however a perfectly-created logo is able to establish a good rapport with your consumers.
If you need support designing a logo that effectively communicates what your brand stands for, drop us a line and we would love to help.